THE PAPER PLEDGE
The Paper Pledge
Here are 10 simple ways we can all reduce paper consumption in the office. How many will you pledge?
- I will always think before I print to cut down the paper I use myself
- I will make the nearest machine that prints double-sided my default copier
- If I have to print I will print double-sided
- I will only print the pages I need from a document
- I will highlight what I need from an email and only print that selection
- I will print two pages per side if I can
- I will proof read on screen and use print preview to correct mistakes before I print
- I will remove myself from mailing lists to reduce junk mail
- I will talk to my team about how we can use less paper together e.g. making a shared copy of infrequently used documents
- I will challenge and support colleagues to use less paper e.g. by not taking/expecting extra copies of meeting papers
Saving paper can be so easy! Why wouldn't you do your bit?